Putnam County Sheriff’s Boater Safety Course
- Sheriff Donald Smith announces that a free Safe Lake Mahopac seminar will be offered on May 16th, 2014, 7:00PM @ the Knights of Columbus, 161 East Lake Blvd, Mahopac, NY 10541.
- This seminar is available for boaters and people that enjoy water activities on Lake Mahopac.
- Following a short presentation on ways that recreational boaters, personal watercraft operators and residents can enjoy this body of water at the same time by the Marine Unit, members will be available to answer any questions about Local Laws and NYS Navigation Laws that pertain to our lake.
- There is no cost for this seminar
- Sheriff Donald Smith announces that a Boater Safety class will be offered on May 17th, 2014, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM @ the Putnam County Bureau of Emergency Service Building, 110 Old Route 6, Carmel NY 10512.
- New York State Law requires that persons who operate Motorboats and born after May 1, 1996 must have completed this class. Persons operating a personal watercraft must be over 14 years of age and required to have this certificate. Minimum age is 10 years old to take the class. There is no cost at the time of the class, however to obtain the certificate persons above 18 years of age mail there temporary receipt with a $10 check to the state after the class has been completed. Youths 18 years of age and under receive the certificate for free.
- To register go online at Putnamsheriff.com, go to the boater safety class section and fill in the blanks for each person registering. You will receive an email response approximately two weeks before the class confirming your attendance. A separate form needs to be completed for each person.
- Register online
- You can also email any further questions to Sergeant Michael Szabo @ Michael.Szabo@Putnamcountyny.gov