Putnam County Sheriff’s Boater Safety Course
Sheriff Donald Smith announces that a Boater Safety class will be offered on
- March 14th, 2015, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at Mahopac Marina, 897 South Lake Blvd., Mahopac NY 10541.
- April 25th, 2015, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Bureau of Emergency Service Building, 110 Old Route 6, Carmel.
- May 9th, 2015, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Bureau of Emergency Service Building, 110 Old Route 6, Carmel.
You must be 10 years old to take the class. Persons who operate a personal watercraft over 14 years of age & Motorboat operators born on or after May 1, 1996 are required to have this certificate. There is no cost at the time of the class, however to obtain the certificate persons above 18 years of age mail there temporary receipt with a $10 check to the state after the class has been completed. Youths 18 years of age and under receive the certificate for free.
- To register for the March 14th class you must go to Mahopac Marina in person at 897 South Lake Blvd and sign up at the front desk.
- To register for the April 25th class, fill out the form here.
- To register for the May 9th class, fill out the form here.
Contact Sergeant Michael Szabo with any questions about the classes.